A Gift Certificate that can be redeemed for a 20-minute helicopter flight from Goodwood Aerodrome, accompanied by a Mk.IX Spitfire and Mk.I Hurricane (pictured below) for c. 15 minutes.
What to Expect
- Arrive at our headquarters, Hangar 8, situated in the middle of the world-famous Goodwood Motor Circuit
- Make yourself at home in our Crew Room and kitchen with self-service tea and coffee making facilities
- After an initial welcome briefing friends and family will be invited to observe the day from the viewing area located directly next to our hangar and just a few feet from where the Spitfire and Hurricane will startup and taxi
- Flying passengers will then be invited in to our Briefing Room for a final pre-flight briefing before being led to their helicopter by our Ground Crew
- After watching the warbirds fire up their Rolls-Royce Merlin engines you will be loaded into one of our helicopters
- The helicopters will launch first, departing the grass runways of RAF Westhampnett in the direction of Tangmere (also a famous WWII airfield)
- Over Tangmere the Spitfire and Hurricane will ‘buzz you’ before turning to join in close formation
- The Spitfire and Hurricane will then spend a few minutes on either side of the helicopters to give everyone an up-close view of these spectacular aircraft in-flight
- The warbirds will then break formation, peeling off from the helicopters as you reach the Solent coastline
- Keep your eyes peeled, because the show is far from over – you’ll now be hunted by a pair of Britain’s most famous
- After arriving at Hangar 8 you will receive A 20-minute helicopter flight from Goodwood Aerodrome, with a Mark IX Spitfire flying alongside for c. 15 minutes, in the skies where the Battle of Britain was fought.
- You’ll experience the majesty of the Supermarine Spitfire in-flight, witnessing a sequence of carefully choreographed manoeuvres performed by some of Britain’s most talented and experienced pilots.
The Seat Types
Each helicopter has a total of six passenger seats:
- Middle Seat @ £399 – our most affordable ticket (not recommended for those much over 5 ft. 10 / 178 cm tall)
- Window Seats @ £499 – excellent spots for those wanting to take advantage of great air-to-air photograph opportunities
- Jump Seat @ £649 – the ultimate seat – you get a panoramic pilot’s eye view, seeing the most of the Spitfire and your surroundings
You can find out more about our helicopters here.