The Battle of Britain Experience – fly with a Spitfire and Hurricane
20 MIN. HELICOPTER FLIGHT WITH A SPITFIRE & HURRICANE
On a select few dates in 2017 (27/05, 22/07, 30/07) we are offering something a little bit special; a helicopter flight from Goodwood accompanied by both a Supermarine Spitfire and a Hawker Hurricane.
What to Expect
- Arrive at our headquarters, Hangar 8, situated in the middle of the world-famous Goodwood Motor Circuit
- Make yourself at home in our Crew Room and kitchen with self-service tea and coffee making facilities
- After an initial welcome briefing friends and family will be invited to observe the day from the viewing area located directly next to our hangar and just a few feet from where the Spitfire and Hurricane will startup and taxi
- Flying passengers will then be invited in to our Briefing Room for a final pre-flight briefing before being led to their helicopter by our Ground Crew
- After watching the warbirds fire up their Rolls-Royce Merlin engines you will be loaded into one of our helicopters
- The helicopters will launch first, departing the grass runways of RAF Westhampnett in the direction of Tangmere (also a famous WWII airfield)
- Over Tangmere the Spitfire and Hurricane will ‘buzz you’ before turning to join in close formation
- The Spitfire and Hurricane will then spend a few minutes on either side of the helicopters to give everyone an up-close view of these spectacular aircraft in-flight
- The warbirds will then break formation, peeling off from the helicopters as you reach the Solent coastline
- Keep your eyes peeled, because the show is far from over – you’ll now be hunted by a pair of Britain’s most famous
- After arriving at Hangar 8 you will receive A 20-minute helicopter flight from Goodwood Aerodrome, with a Mark IX Spitfire flying alongside for c. 15 minutes, in the skies where the Battle of Britain was fought.
- You’ll experience the majesty of the Supermarine Spitfire in-flight, witnessing a sequence of carefully choreographed manoeuvres performed by some of Britain’s most talented and experienced pilots.
Each helicopter has a total of six passenger seats:
- Middle Seat @ £399 – our most affordable ticket (not recommended for those much over 5 ft. 10 / 178 cm tall)
- Window Seats @ £499 – excellent spots for those wanting to take advantage of great air-to-air photograph opportunities
- Jump Seat @ £649 – the ultimate seat – you get a panoramic pilot’s eye view, seeing the most of the Spitfire and your surroundings
You can find out more about our helicopters here.
Follow these simple instructions to book your seat now:
- Select the no. of passengers below
- Choose your seat type from the dropdown (scroll down the page for more info. to help you choose)
- Check available dates on the calendar below (availability is seat specific)
- Click ‘Book Now’